Not a 5K, but a full, 10 mile run starting at University of Houston Clear Lake, past Armand Bayou, along NASA 1 and back to the university. Email Curt Tallman at email@example.com to volunteer for this event. Also include your t-shirt size if not known to Curt Tallman.
A 5K family run with a 1K for the kids. By the water and through the lovely Nassau Bay area. Email Curt Tallman at firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer for this event. Also include your t-shirt size if not known to Curt Tallman.
Part of the Houston Bridge series, runners cross the bridge connecting Kemah and Seabrook 4 times. Help us keep the runners safe and put those radio skills to good use.Email Curt Tallman at email@example.com to volunteer for this event. Also include your t-shirt size if not known to Curt Tallman.
CLARC meets on the third Thursday of the month at the Clear Lake Community Building, Civic Room. It’s located on the south side of NASA Parkway, east of the picnic area and boat ramps at 5001 NASA Parkway Seabrook, TX 77586. No meeting is held in December. A banquet is held in lieu of a January meeting.
Talk-in is on the CLARC repeaters 442.750+ 103.5 and 146.860- 100.0
Plan to arrive at 9:00AM for registration and credential check. Test begins 9:30 AM.
The exam location is the Gilruth Center on the Johnson Space Center. It is located on the east side of the JSC off of Space Center Blvd. at Gate 5. No special passes or ID’s are required to access this gate. It is open to the public.
Remember to Bring:
1. A valid photo ID (like your driver’s license) or two other forms of ID. If you do not have a photo ID then bring copies of your other ID documents as we must include them with your test materials.
2. Two sharpened pencils (because if you only have one, it will break) and one pen.
3. A calculator (optional). Keep it simple because if it’s more than a calculator (like a PDA or cell phone) or it can be programmed, it will NOT be permitted.
4. If you are upgrading you need to bring the original and a copy of your current Amateur Radio license.
5. If you have any valid (not more than 365 days old) CSCEs for tests you’ve already passed. But, you do not have credit yet. Bring the original CSCE and a copy.
6. Examination fee – $15.00. Cash or checks should be made out to “ARRL/VEC”.
7. If you are doing a “grandfather” upgrade the please see Frequently Asked Questions About Amateur Radio Restructuring for more information.
No registeration is required. Walk-Ins are welcome.
We are generally on the second floor of the Gilruth.
There continues to be some confusion about which elements that you have credit for, when you upgrade. The elimination of the CW requirement for General and Amateur Extra licenses has eliminated much of it. But, these two special cases still exist.
1. If you have a novice license, you have no credit for the current exam elements. You can upgrade to the Technician license by taking the Technician exam. You can upgrade to the General license by taking both Technician and General (elements 2 and 3) license tests.
2. If you have an Advanced license, then you have credit for elements 2 and 3. You still need to take the tougher Extra exam (element 4) to upgrade.
A fun run through the Seabrook community. Email Curt Tallman at firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer for this event. Also include your t-shirt size if not known to Curt Tallman.